The Matrix2000 series of fire alarm panels have been on the market since 2001. The panels have been exported to more than 25 countries worldwide. They have been proven heavy duty, inexpensive and reliable panels, still serious contenders in a variety of projects especially considering their TCP/IP connectivity.
The certification of the panel has seen some changes over the years. The first re/design was dictated in 2006 by the CPD (now CPR) European directive. This is the second time that the European Regulation for Construction products (CPR) commands another evolution. Keeping the panel current and fully certified, we tried to make minimum alterations for a variety of reasons; cost, reliability and connectivity were major factors.
The new Matrix2000, 2020 edition has the following characteristics and differences from previous models:
- Identical enclosure.
- Same user control layout (not operations).
- Identical power requirements and capabilities.
- Same range of models (4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24 zones).
- Relay boards for 1 output per zone (optional).
- Connectivity with same TCP/IP module to SmartView software.
- Various user operations (eg Reset, Sirens silence etc) See below.
- The loss of the “Evacuation” from the key.
- No repeaters implemented yet.
The main operational differences are:
- Reset operation (changed): The reset is now done by the keyswitch alone.
- Sirens control (new): Sirens may be disabled/enabled.
- Siren fault/disablement dedicated indicator (new): Only performed on Access Level 2.
- Test button (new/changed): The button is now a system fault indicator. It still works as a test button but is not marked as such. It’s behaviour is also different for access level 1 and 2 (see below).
- Bell/Class change operation (new): The old TEST button light up all indicators as long as kept pressed. If the panel is in Access Level 2, it also activates the siren outputs without entering alarm state. This makes the bells available for example for school’s class change bell.
- Silence buzzer (changed): The silence of buzzers is performed without Access level 2.
- 8 terminated and monitored Zones for automatic detectors or manual call points
- General alarm output, terminated and monitored, 24 VDC /1A activation power
- General fault output, dry NO/NC contacts
- Separate indication for earth fault (faulty connection of signal wires to protective earth)
- Keylock switch for access level restriction (level 2) and System Reset command
- Backlit rubber push buttons for Silence Sounders, Silence Buzzer, Test and zone bypasses (disablements)
- Built in buzzer for audible notification of error or alarm conditions
- Bypass (zone disablement) for each individual zone, operated form the main panel
- Easy installation check with walk test feature (individual check of each connected detector)
- Alarm verification feature (intellizone) reduces false alarms
- Compatible with the majority of available automatic detectors currently on the market
- Events logging to internal non volatile memory (time and date stamped)
- Fully monitored EN 54-4 certified power supply with battery backup. Full battery health monitoring (including internal resistance fault)
- Certifications: CE (certificate number 00019/101/1/2020), CPR ( certificate number 1293-CPD-0660 ), EN54-2, EN54-4: 2006
- Remote viewing and operation via TCP/IP connection (optional module required)
- SmartView PC software for the Microsoft Windows platform provides on screen mimicking and operation of the panel.
- Implements EN54-2 “Output to fire alarm device”
- Implements EN54-2 “Dependencies on more than one alarm signal”
- Implements EN54-2 “Type B dependency”
|Number of zones||8|
|Power supply||Transformer 60 VA (models without relay expansion module)||1.5 amps @ 27 VDC|
|Transformer 100 VA (models with relay expansion module)||1.9 amps @ 27 VDC|
|Zones input voltage (with EOL)||16 to 21 V|
|AC input||220-240 VAC / 50-60 Hz||0.4 amps|
|Base panel current draw (standby)||55 mA|
|Base panel current draw (alarm)||125 mA|
|Battery placement||Up to two 7 Ah batteries will fit in the panel|
|Maximum auxiliary current||700 mA|
|Auxiliary output||19 to 26 VDC|
|Ripple Voltage (max.)||0.5V|
|Maximum Alarm Reset Voltage||0.5V|
|Minimum Alarm Reset Time||3.1s|
|Zone max. detector standby current||15 mA|
|Zone circuits||Maximum Loop resistance: 10 Ohm, Maximum loop capacitance: 5 uF|
|Signalling devices output||24 VDC / 1A|
|Trouble contact||Form C N.C. / C / N.O. 30 VDC 5A @ 220V|
|Environmental||Temperature: -2 to 45 °C (32 to 120 °F), Humidity: 5 to 95% RH, non condensing|
|Terminal rating||All terminals rated for 12 to18 AWG (0.75 to 2.5 sq mm)|
|Batteries||Batteries must be sealed lead acid type only. Maximum charging capacity = 7 Ah|